Finance Business Partner
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is recruiting a Finance Business Partner for the Business Development & Technical Operations Department, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is one of the largest retail chains with 298 Super Markets, 16 Cash & Carry, 141 franchise stores and more than 14 000 employees. Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 22 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 370 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
- The Finance Business Partner, is a member of the Finance Team, supporting the day-to-day operation of the Business Development Department and acting as an integrated member of the Business Development team. He/She is responsible for reporting, measuring and contributing to the business plans, drives the planning cycle, challenges the operations on how to improve performance and follows up on projects and strategic initiatives.
- Helps in the development of the BD Department strategy from the finance perspective, acting as finance partner to the business, providing adequate management information for decision making and building together with the Investment Analysis Department business cases and investment analysis.
- Supports, challenges and helps to develop reliable forecasts and budgets prior to formal reviews by the leadership team.
- Monitors and reviews the pipeline of stores, the investment proposals and real estate deals, the progress of CAPEX and OPEX spending against budget and forecasts, the suppliers’ and constructors’ evaluation, the payments for real estate certifications of constructors or developers based on the company’s credit policy.
- Develops tools for the effective target setting and monitoring of the BD department, including timetables, CAPEX, OPEX, sales performance of new/remodeled stores etc (contract management, CAPEX forecasting, future locations mapping etc).
- Assists with analysis and insights the target setting for tenderings of services and products procured by any method (Not For Resale or not).
- Ensures the maintenance of right processes, policies and controls according to the risk & control framework.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or any other equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in a large Greek or Multinational company preferably in the FMCG, Construction or Retail industry. Experience in similar role will be considered a strong asset.
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Excel. SAP and Hyperion knowledge will be considered an asset.
- Technical understanding and good knowledge of the business & processes of Finance and Business Development Department.
- IFRS knowledge regarding business development related standards.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of numerical data.
- Results orientation, accountability and resourcefulness.
- Advanced communication & interpersonal skills, ability to build network & partnerships.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizing skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances & multicultural environment.
- The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects.
- All applications will be treated as confidential.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.