Female Friendly Space Facilitator
SolidarityNow is recruiting Female Friendly Space Facilitator,
to be based in Oinofyta, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support, while also including toddlers with their mothers in the services provided.
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women, girls and mother-child, including the design of weekly schedules and timetables, through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities.
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers.
- In coordination with the team’s social scientists, assists in case management and provision of psychosocial support to vulnerable women and girls.
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing, art therapy, playtime etc.
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives.
- Liaises with other service providers onsite and follows referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiaries.
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
- University Degree in Social Sciences.
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls.
- Good understanding of human rights, gender equality, child-marriage, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations.
- Experience in community mobilization.
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Fluency in Greek and English required.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software.
- Good report writing skills.
- Adhere to and promote GBV guiding principles.
- Possess empowering imagination!
- Experience in case management procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through previous assignments (volunteer or paid) in women’s groups, or other relevant experience.
- Field working experience in camps/temporary settlements of refugee/migrant population.
- Engagement in refugee focused projects.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN FFS Facilitator Oinofyta”
- Status: Full Time.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3: The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter