SolidarityNow is recruiting a (Female) Farsi Interpreter, to be
based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Provide accurate and complete interpretation.
- Interpretation for beneficiaries and SN staff during one to one consultations or information sessions.
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally appropriate manner.
- Interpret orally during interviews with Persons of Concern to SN into specified languages maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
- Ensure that the messages transmitted are properly understood.
- Provide interpretation in a neutral and non-judgmental manner.
- Carry out his/her responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with SN standards for cultural, gender and age sensitivity.
- Occasionally carry out written translations from one language to another.
- Participate in field trips, visits and assessments as requested by supervisor.
- Whenever needed, escort/accompany SN staff and beneficiaries to relevant NGOs or public services.
- Might be expected to be on call, work on weekend, or on ad hoc basis.
- Excellent interpretation skills.
- Fluent in the above-stated language(s).
- Previous Experience in a relevant position.
- Familiar with refugee and migration Issues and the related vocabulary.
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding.
- Computer literacy & numeracy.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills and ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Field work experience e.g., in camps or temporary settlements.
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups.
- Oral and written language skills in Greek and/or English.
- Minimum (2) years of relevant experience with an NGO.
- Location: Athens.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 The job holder does not have contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by July 12th 2019, mentioning in the email subject “SN Farsi Athens”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter