Lodging Content Associate – French & English speaking
Expedia Group is recruiting a Lodging Content Associate - French & English speaking, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Expedia Group is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
- This fast-paced role offers a great opportunity for goal and process-orientated people with a fine eye for detail to support key operational tasks including, but not limited to; assisting new and existing partners with content loading (adding property amenities, photos, star ratings and hotel data such as name and location), room type and rate plan creation, promotion loading, extranet training/password resets etc., partner service issue management, payment and accounting issues.
In this role you will complete work to program standards, while working and communicating with hoteliers and colleagues from market management, content, media, star ratings, data management, and localization teams. You will possess solid customer-service skills and be able to interact clearly and professionally with partners by email and telephone. Fluency in 'local language' and English is required. Please apply only if you feel you will fit in with a strong team whose members are exceptionally conscientious, hardworking, and thorough.
- Provide operational support inclusive of revenue generating work-types and complex supplier relations issues to hotel partners and Market Management team. Educate and inform suppliers on self-service functions.
- Work efficiently towards daily targets and team metrics; complete all work to program standards as defined for each process; focus on continuous improvement.
- Successfully gather and analyze information in partner support case management.
- Understand lodging/property types in the travel industry and the differing services and amenities featured.
- Make effective decisions within his/her authority supporting Expedia suppliers, escalate as necessary. Investigates and takes action to meet Expedia’s needs.
- Be highly effective in managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A problem-solver who can make independent decisions, be able to actively listen, and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist where and when needed as directed by Manager.
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a very strong focus on process, trends, and root cause analysis.
- Fluent proficiency & comprehension in French and English is required.
- Degree required or related work experience.
- Travel industry background with customer service support experience (preferred), but could be a university graduate with the appropriate competencies.
- Professional customer service skills: solutions mindset, helping nature, passion for the customer and the customer experience.
- Fluency with Internet and online search; ability to learn new software, tools, and technical processes quickly.
- Open communication with colleagues to share best practices and flexibility to adhere to process improvements.
- Ability to work and learn independently, as well as collaborate with larger teams.
- Proven ability to resolve a high volume of work in a time-pressured environment or work queue.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and quality-control abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required.
- Experience working with SharePoint, Salesforce tools a plus.
- Problem Solving/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, communicates decisions to others.
- Organizational Effectiveness - Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multi-level organization.
- Customer Focus - Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
- 7 months contract, target start date 1st June 2019
- Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.