OPAP is recruiting an Equipment Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Equipment Engineer is the subject matter expert for the provision of OPAP Store equipment remote support services, while he/she identifies needs related to changing business objectives and proposes new solutions or improvements in order to support them effectively.
- Coordinates and participates actively in the provision of remote installation, trouble shooting and incident management services for all equipment installed in OPAP Venues. Follows up and controls the agreed processes.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports incidents, identifies trends and best practices, and recognizes challenges.
- Analyses MS Windows setup, application log files and when available software code to understand the root cause of incidents.
- Leads research and development tasks towards improving Store Equipment and implementing solutions to meet new business requirements.
- Collaborates with Service Delivery Team and External Vendors to design and resolve operation issues; recommends improvements, solutions and mitigation of challenges.
- Enriches the common knowledge base/documentation, tools and methodology used for (a) installation, update, support/maintenance of equipment, (b) proactive monitoring of operation, (c) resolution of technical incidents, addressed to all stakeholders (e.g. field service technicians, OPAP call center personnel).
- Identifies required technical specifications to meet business needs. Performs market research for appropriate solutions, designs solutions and coordinates the building of prototypes.
- Coordinates workshops with OPAP stakeholders regarding store equipment, services, functionality or products under development or in operation. Receives and assesses relevant feedback.
- Advises Management and procurements teams on the selection of suitable products and participates in Vendor evaluation/selection.
- Ensures completion of projects in cooperation with Technical, Service Delivery and other Project Managers.
- Leads lab testing of retail terminals/machines regarding the performance of the H/W parts and the integration with various applications. Proposes and prepares simulation scenarios to prove equipment performance and required integration level.
- Keeps up-to-date with latest technology trends related to gaming store equipment.
- Works standard working hours 8hrs per day, 5 days per week, including weekends when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Information Technology.
- 5 years of working experience in a technical support position of a Retail Network of more than 3.000 devices.
- Know-how related to gaming / VLT / Casino sector will be considered a plus.
- Very good knowledge of MS Windows operating system; ability to analyze application log files and software code and to suggest enhancements.
- In depth knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for end-user technical support.
- Proven ability working with various retail terminals and infrastructure and understanding business services each hardware component provides.
- Customer service orientation with commitment to quality and delivery under SLA.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
- Structured and analytical thinking.
- Critical thinking and decision making ability.
- Effective time management skills; solid ability to work within strict timeframes and continuously changing requirements.
- Team spirit, with high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in Greek and English languages (oral and written).
- Proficient use of MS Office. Knowledge on Technical Incident related tools and applications is preferable.
- Willingness to coordinate a team which is working on shifts.
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.