Entry-Level Software Developer
Vodafone is recruiting an Entry-Level Software Developer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Vodafone Greece is a member of Vodafone Group Plc, one of the world’s leaders in telecommunications, with a strong presence in the country’s mobile, fixed and internet market.
At Vodafone we recognize that our business success and growth is based on our people.
We seek to attract, develop and retain the talent in HR, to ensure unceasing achievement of business objectives and priorities. Our goal is to be perceived as a team with exceptional abilities.
- This is your chance to join our Digital agile ecosystem and kick start your career! We are looking to hire, through our Graduate Programme Discover Vodafone, recently graduated Software Developers with Computer Science or related degree. You will have the chance to work for a technology leading company while you will be investing on your personal development.
- Contribute, as member of an agile team, in the research, analysis, design development and testing of solutions that best suit business and technology strategy.
- Collaborate with Vodafone business and product teams to develop Vodafone’s digital initiatives.
- Participate in code reviews and shared knowledge.
- Transform functional requirements to technical user stories and assign business value.
- Collaborate with UX/UI team to develop features from conception to launch.
- Unit testing deliverables (user stories) against acceptance tests.
- Help in removing technical impediments raised by team(s).
Areas you could be working in include:
- Back-End Development in Microservices & JavaEE.
- Front-End Development in React.js.
- Android development in Kotlin.
- iOS Development in Swift.
- Software Test with automation tools (e.g. Selenium).
- You will be asked to state your area(s) of interest during the application process.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Good understanding of the Software lifecycle: design, development, testing and acceptance, implementation, performance optimization.
- 1-2 years of experience at any field (Java, Front-End, Mobile development) will be considered an advantage.
- 2-3 related projects launched in GitHub would be a strong advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast moving, multi-project team environment.
- Clear and effective communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Investment in your personal development.
- Competitive salary & benefits package.
- Working for an industry leading company that spans across different countries around the world.
- Gain experience working in an agile eco-system.
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one.
- Being part of a global community of graduates.
- Work to deliver world-leading technology to empower both Enterprise and Consumer customers to be confidently and securely connected.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.