Engineering Team Lead
Welcome is recruiting an Engineering Team Lead,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- We make every new city feel like home! Welcome acts like your personal travel concierge covering all your in-destination requests starting from the very first one, the pickup from the airport.
We are a strong and lean team, building a global travel company. Welcome launched in the beginning of 2015 Athens, Greece, will welcome more than 1,000,000 travelers in 2019, grows with more than 150% per year, has the highest customer satisfaction score in the travel industry surpassing Airbnb and Tripadvisor (+86 NPS), and is currently expanding in many more cities.
- The Engineering Team Lead will assume responsibility over the entire group of backend engineers at Welcome, working closely with the Product Managers and providing cross-team guidance and coordination.
- Tracking progress of the development teams through the standard Agile ceremonies (Grooming, Planning, Retro meetings, daily stand-ups) as well as in an ad-hoc fashion.
- Ensuring the adoption of best practices in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Assisting the teams in identifying & overcoming bottlenecks, as well as providing viable alternatives.
- Participating in Pull Request reviews to help maintain consistent code quality and proper use of design patterns.
- Playing a key role in shaping the product architecture, having performance & extensibility as core concerns.
- Improving existing or devising new development processes to address the ever-evolving needs of the Engineering team.
- Coordinating software releases.
- Continuous training of existing engineers and on-boarding of new hires.
- The ideal candidate needs to have extensive hands-on experience in Ruby and the Rails framework and ideally in designing, developing, testing and maintaining APIs for mobile apps.
- 3+ years of proven work experience as a Ruby and/or Rails developer.
- 6+ years of experience as a backend engineer in general.
- Experience developing APIs for mobile applications.
- A firm grasp of Ruby & Rails test frameworks (minitest / rspec).
- Strong grasp of object oriented design patterns.
- Good knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL).
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases / stores & ElasticSearch.
- Ability to coordinate with remote team members.
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- A pragmatic mind-set & good problem solving abilities.
- Passion to work in an ever-changing environment and in a company that grows 4x every year.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic people.
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- The unique opportunity to join “the next big thing” at the ground level.
- Monthly company drinks & activities.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.