Employment Integration Program Development Lead
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises & helps people to survive, recover & gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a global leader in emergency relief, rehabilitation, protection of human rights, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by conflict and oppression.
IRC is recruiting an Employment Integration Program Development Lead, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- The International Rescue Committee works in Greece from July 2015 responding and providing aid to the influx of refugees and migrants. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas of programming on the Greece mainland and Lesvos: Protection, WASH, and Economic Recovery and Development.
- The Employment Integration PDL on the Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) team will lead the development of the Employment Integration program in Greece, based on the strategic plan and the identification of local and funding opportunities, liaises with stakeholders and potential partners, builds the capacity of the livelihoods team. She/He manages the livelihoods team and supervises the implementation of the current Employment Integration portfolio. S/He will identify opportunities for establishing IRC as a lead actor in Employment Integration programming in Greece and link with key stakeholders and partners. IRC Greece has long term funding for Employment Integration programming to support vulnerable refugee and host communities in Athens to access income generation through employment and self-employment. Working through employment and business development service providers the IRC will support access to job counseling, legal counseling, job referral, life skills, vocational training, on the job training and microenterprise – all coordinated through IRC’s partnerships approach.
Technical Quality and Program Development
- Leads the development of the livelihood programming in Greece; identifies opportunities to advance the program and to build strategic partnerships. S/He establishes the Employment Integration programming in Greece.
- Advances IRC strategies to further engage private sector and economic stakeholders, including businesses, cooperatives, business support entities, local and national level government and NGOs.
- Ensures a high quality of programming is being conducted by supervising the Employment Integration team.
- Ensures appropriate methodologies and technical approaches are implemented for all program activities in line with the Outcomes and Evidence Framework – working with the ERD team and IRC’s ERD Technical Advisors to ensure global best practice to programming is applied.
- Supports development of research agenda for Employment Integration work along with the Program Coordinator, M&E teams and IRC’s ERD Technical Advisors.
Proposal Development, Grant Compliance & Implementation
- Leads the development of all Employment Integration-related proposals and concept notes.
- Ensures regular monitoring and modification to on-going programming as required.
- Supports the Employment Integration Manager to regular donor and internal reporting as needed.
- Supports the Employment Integration Team in the implementation of the current programs.
Human Resources Management & Capacity Building
- Manages the Employment Integration team.
- Invests in building the capacity of the team through the development of staff capacity plans, trainings and regular coaching.
- Sets specific goals and expectations and provides regular, positive and constructive feedback to staff.
- Maintains an open and professional relation with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensures timely completion and submission of interim and annual performance reviews.
- If/as required, identifies staff performance issues and works with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
- Responsible for adhering to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Supports the Employment Integration & Partnership Managers, to oversee new and existing partnership aspects of Employment Integration projects including partner selection, capacity building and monitoring.
Coordination & Representation
- Represents IRC meetings.
- Develops and maintains effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders, representing IRC positions, promoting long-term strategy and resolving problems/conflicts.
- Actively advances IRC’s connections to livelihood actors at national level, seeking avenues for partnership, collaboration and coordination of activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with the Employment Integration M&E Officer and Program Coordinator on program monitoring.
- Ensures monthly monitoring reports are drafted on the output/impact of the Employment Integration Program.
- Follow up on indicator progress and achievement.
- Monitor budget development and modifications.
- Participate in regular team meetings and supervision sessions.
- Attend trainings and assist in organizing trainings as required.
- Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks.
- Maintain relevant program files.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- BA/BS Degree in economics, business administration, international development, law, and/or related certification required; MA/MS/MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 7 year professional experience in Employment Integration programming preferably in NGO run programs and experience in urban settings.
- Demonstrated private sector experience, or experience supporting business and skill development.
- Experience in leading working groups will be considered an asset.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills; previous experience in conducting surveys and research is valuable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Experience working with local partners including government and non-governmental organizations and providing technical and capacity building support.
- Must be capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required; Greek will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with IRC will be a plus.
- The position will be based in Thessaloniki and cover needs in Northern Greece.
- Employment Category: Fixed Term.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Indicate the source of this job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.