SolidarityNow is recruiting an Employability Officer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of individuals who are looking to increase their employability potential, and need assistance to increase their capacity to seek and successfully pursue employment opportunities.
- Provide professional employability, job matching and career management services and advice.
- Provide basic information, advice, guidance, and capacity development to individuals, tailored to their profile and career goals (including: basic IT skills, interview and presentation skills, soft-skills development, CV-building, job searching, contextual information related to the Greek labour market, etc.)
- Seek, analyse, and prioritise current employment and training opportunities.
- Use labour market information to seek and create partnerships and collaborations with potential employers and job-seeking platforms, creating further employment opportunities appropriate to the needs of the prospective job-seekers.
- Match profile and skills of prospective job-seekers to available vacancies in SN or other suitable vacancies and opportunities.
- Conduct detailed and regular job analyses to gain an understanding and provide guidance and advice on reasonable adjustments to maximise the likelihood of successful and sustainable employment. Maintain and encourage appropriate referral pathways.
- Reach out to potential employees to be aware of all openings and become first point of contact.
- Carry out information sessions with varied groups of people.
- Maintain a Management system (e.g. CRM or similar), case notes and other electronic files and records to a high standard to ensure that progress and relevant data are documented and reported in accordance with quality standards.
- Write reports on progress and provide insights and recommendations on improvements and revisions as needed.
- Previous relevant experience in employment support, capacity building, and/or training of individuals.
- Excellent case management skills and track record of delivering quality services to a large pool of beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of the Greek labour market, and how to navigate it to better match opportunities with the profile and skills of a candidate.
- Well organised, structured and self-disciplined, with excellent time-management skills.
- Recruitment experience will be considered as an asset.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Good networking and relationship management skills.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Desirable Skills & Attributes
- Education in the career development, education, social service and/or human service related field.
- Experience of employment support for people with disabilities (physical and/or mental health).
- Knowledge and experience of employment Law.
- Experience with and knowledge of the NGO sector in Greece.
- Prior use of CRM software.
- Knowledge of French language (both written and spoken).
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN ASC Employability Officer” by Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- Full Time (morning or evening shift).
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2: The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις