SolidarityNow is recruiting an Educational Officer, to be based in Serres , Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Implement after-school Math and Science classes per the refugee population needs.
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of teenagers and children.
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education.
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs.
- Update and maintain effective workplans.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy.
- Support education, recreational and various activities.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid.
- Excellent Greek and preferably English or Arabic.
- Degree – Bachelor degree in education (any subject) or Mathematics/Science.
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience teaching non-native speakers.
- Experience engaging with parents and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education.
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills will be an advantage.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 27th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN Educational Officer Math/Science Serres”.
- Starting date: 1/6/2018.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2: The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
- Part Time.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at email@example.com, mentioning in the email subject "SN Educational Officer Math/Science Serres".
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις