Educational Officer (English)
SolidarityNow is recruiting an Educational Officer
(English), to be based in Thiva, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Provide after-school English language classes according to refugee and migrant population needs.
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of teenagers and children.
- Provide homework support to children attending formal education.
- Oversee distribution of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs.
- Update and maintain effective workplans.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy.
- Support educational, recreational and other psychosocial activities.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate referrals to available support.
- Engage with parents, schools and communities in order to improve attendance and respond to students needs.
- Degree – Bachelor degree in English Language and Literature or Education (any subject).
- Excellent English and preferably Greek.
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Intercultural Education will be an advantage.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural/vulnerable communities.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in managing educational programs and mainly primary education projects.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills.
- Experience of report writing.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by July 11, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN Educational Officer (English)_Thiva”.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2: The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter