SolidarityNow is recruiting an Educational Officer (Primary School Teacher or Math/Science Teacher), to be based in Andravida, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Provide classes per the refugee population needs.
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of children, teenagers and adults.
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education.
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs.
- Update and maintain effective workplans.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy.
- Support educational, recreational and various activities.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid.
- Excellent Greek and English.
- At least Bachelor degree in Primary education or Mathematics/Physical Sciences.
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience engaging with parents and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education.
- Location: Andravida.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Part Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Educational Officer Andravida”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter