Dry Ship Operator
Trafigura is recruiting a Dry Ship Operator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world.
The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
- The department is handling the Shipping Operations for the Group’s Time Charter and Voyage Vessels in the dry division. The Dry Ship Operator is going to ensure proper operation of TC and spot vessels and maximize performance – time charter equivalent (TCE), following global standards and International regulations at all times.
- Undertake voyage planning to meet international regulation and respond to vessel issues.
- Handle bunkers optimisation.
- Review stowage planning.
- Coordinate Agency appointments.
- Provide Voyage Orders to vessels.
- Monitor vessels performance during all voyages ie speed and consumptions.
- Handle questionnaires, certificates, LOI’s and all relevant supporting docs.
- Update company’s software with required data.
- Liaise with customers (internal and external) on cargo readiness, vessel schedules etc.
- Suitable candidates will hold a minimum 5 years’ office experience, with sea and/or academic background.
- Supramax and Handymax experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of Charter Party terms.
- Fluent speak/written English language and IT system literacy.
- Adaptiveness to working in a multinational, high paced and challenging environment.
- Willingness to relocate to Singapore / Montevideo if required will be a positive.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Post Fixing.
- Cargo Operations.
- Service Companies.
- Third party customers.
- Permanent contract
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.