Driver Operations Manager
Welcome is recruiting a Driver Operations Manager,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- At Welcome, we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. From the moment our customers step into a new destination, till they get back home, we provide them with the warmest, most informative and friendliest transfer from and to the airport or port, equip them with all the necessary products they will need during their trip (sim card, tickets, etc.), connect them with hand-picked tour providers who match their trip profile for things to do during their stay, as well as stand by them for any information they need.
Welcome's model is unique on a global level and our goal is to be the unquestionable leader for the category we are creating. We are already active in 47 destinations including Athens, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, and Rome, and we keep adding 2 new destinations per month. In 2018 we served more than 500,000 travelers and we plan to surpass the 1 Million travelers in 2019.
Welcome has the highest travel customer ratings surpassing companies like Airbnb, and Uber and gathering hundreds of 5-star reviews on Reviews.io and Tripadvisor. The company also received a big financing round recently and has 75 exceptional team members all coming from international behemoths such as Expedia, Booking, and others.
Our ambition is to create a truly global travel product altering once and for all the travel experience. If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission and help us expand Welcome on a global scale we are waiting to hear from you.
None of us is here at Welcome joined the company by chance! We deeply believe in our mission so we work relentlessly to make it happen. We often catch ourselves talking about Welcome in our life outside the office and being very passionate about its vision. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
- Reporting to the Director of Operations, Welcome pickups is looking for a Driver Operations Manager to launch, scale up rapidly and expand Driver Operations businesses.
As Driver Operations Manager, you will be responsible for developing complex, cross functional processes that enable challenging initiatives. You will manage the delivery of critical capabilities from scratch, identify operational capabilities together with product needs.
You are exceptional at prioritisation, planning and execution. You have proven history on breaking through complexity achieving simple, streamlined and scalable processes, you are comfortable with ambiguity, possess strong analytical abilities and cross functional leadership personality.
A role with a real impact on our mission, guiding the team in leading our thorough search of the external environment in all destinations and ensuring the best drivers work happily to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Oversee and support the driver operations teams by making operational improvement suggestions on the daily work.
- Monitor all aspects of the recruitment process, back office support, quality assurance and emergency hailing for the department.
- Manage team activities, inspire, coach and develop all team-members to build trust and accountability.
- Optimize the procedures, documentation and internal control processes by providing tech-savvy and innovative ideas.
- Ensure operational model functions with the highest number of transfers and the least number of cancellations at the same time.
- Continuous monitoring of all active destinations globally.
- Identify operational issues and help improve processes to increase driver engagement.
- Define KPIs and monitor the team’s performance.
- 3-5 years proven work experience as an operations leader/manager in transfer, transportation, urban commuting or tech industries will be preferred.
- BA degree in Business Administration or in Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics.
- Master will be considered as an extra asset.
- Team-spirit and ability to lead by example.
- Passionate, committed and results-oriented.
- Track record with a fast growing company from early-state to maturity is highly preferred.
- Very technically proficient and a quick learner of new technologies and apps.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Vibrant and fresh work environment at the center of Athens.
- Indefinite contract with great career path potential.
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- Snacks, refreshments & fruits.
- Monthly company drinks & activities.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.