Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting a Driver, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in 40 countries around the world.
DRC’s mandate is driven by three global strategic objectives within the DRC Assistance Framework: Saving lives and alleviation of immediate suffering among people affected by conflict, Safeguarding, restoration and development of livelihoods, and, Institutional and organisational change that contributes to protection of people’s rights and peaceful handling of conflict.
DRC has been operating in Greece since December 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens area, Larissa and Thessaloniki in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
DRC strives to be one of the leading displacement focused INGOs in Greece in terms of relevance, impact and quality, primarily through an integrated site management approach in support to the relevant Greek authorities, comprising protection activities and the provision of services and assistance to meet the basic needs of the population hosted on the emergency reception sites.
- Under the overall supervision of the Logistics Officer, and in support of DRC field staff, the Driver will Drive DRC staff and assets/equipment in a safe and reliable manner, maintain the safety and good running condition of DRC vehicle being used.
- To possess and keep proper and valid driving license and other related documentations.
- The driver is responsible for any vehicle he is driving, transporting authorized DRC personnel on official duty and cargo to the points of destination. This includes collecting materials from projects and suppliers.
- Pick and Drop the assigned users of Vehicle.
- Drive safely the passengers, keeping in mind the security of passengers and belongings.
- To assist passengers to load and unload personal or official belongings.
- Fill out the vehicle logbook and ensure passenger signature for every trip.
- To ensure the car is always at minimum half a tank and to re-fuel when necessary.
- The driver is responsible for the designated vehicles being representative and clean (interior as well as exterior) at all times.
- To perform general check up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tire pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc) to make sure the car is road worthy in the morning.
- Ensure all vehicle’s equipment and tools are clean and in place.
- To be willing to travel, stay overnight in other provinces upon request.
- Physical inspection of all DRC-rented Vehicles upon request by fleet manager.
- Provide assistance in all procurement and supply requisitions of office and project equipment, supplies, materials and furniture as tasked by Supervisor.
- Other relevant task given by your supervisor.
- Pick-up or delivery goods to or from the site.
- Implement duties in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and represent DRC in a good way.
- Respect of national driving laws.
- 3 years of previous driving experience in a similar position.
- Speaking Greek.
- Good communication skills with sound knowledge of spoken English.
- Knowledge of local area.
- Have valid driving license. Truck/bus driving license is not a requirement, but it will be considered as a plus.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
- DRC provides Private Insurance for all National staff.
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position will be based in Attika (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Send your Documentation online at drc.ngo.