Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Disbursements Operator,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- The Disbursements Operator is responsible for controlling all port expenses and agency fees related to the vessels, aiming at the same time to always improve discounts on agencies, tug and launch services to the ships through extensive negotiations with Port Service Providers for the benefit of the Owners.
The individual is also tasked with identifying and timely debiting Charterers with port expenses for their account based on agreed contractual terms, thus contributing to vessels’ voyage results, which constitutes a main requirement of the role.
More specifically, the Disbursements Operator controls the estimation of all port expenses and agency fees, is responsible for collecting approvals related to the estimated Disbursements Proforma Account, checks the invoices submitted, monitors whether discounts were properly applied, and checks the correct distribution of port expenses in accordance with the existing agreements and regulations. Additionally, provides timely and reliable information related to Port cost matters to Chartering Department..
- Up to three (3) years of professional experience in a similar position in ship management or commodity trading companies
- University degree in Economics, Maritime or related discipline.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and deliver accurate results within tight timescales.
- Accountability, efficiency, self-driven attitude, and problem-solving skills.
- PC literacy; excellent use of Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of commercial systems.
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral.
- Permanent contract.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.