Director of Logistics and Supply
SolidarityNow is recruiting a Director of Logistics and Supply, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The objective of the position of the Director of Logistic and Supply is to ensure that Solidarity Now has the right material inputs acquired in the most transparent and efficient manner, and the technical expertise to timely and safely to implement its’ programmes.
The areas of responsibilities of the Director of Supply and Logistics are: Procurement management, Asset and Inventory Management, Safety and Security Management, Premises Management, Fleet, Transport and Warehouse Management, Information Technology.
- Reports to the Deputy General Manager.
- Is part of the Management Team.
- Directly supervises 5-6 persons.
- Total number of employees: approx. 340
- To contribute to organizational strategic planning as a member of the MT.
- To collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems.
- To review policies to promote the timely and efficient supply of materials to Solidarity Now Projects and ensure they are known and followed.
- To supervise the execution of procurement, installation, maintenance and rehabilitation work needed for SN programs.
- To supervise technical tasks performed by the field teams related to the implementation of security policies, management of technical programme components, field office management, fleet management and living conditions for beneficiaries (assessments of accommodation and camp living conditions), as well as, safety for its personnel.
- To ensure the availability and quality of specialist logistics input as required (e.g. in technical aspects of IT, communication, construction and vehicle maintenance, but also distribution activities, infrastructure building).
- To technically supervise the work of field log/supply personnel and Field Coordinators to ensure effectiveness, uniformity of supply chain structure across programs and implementation of the SN’s policies and procedures.
- To know internal, national and donor regulations and ensure their compliance for all activities under her/his area of responsibilities.
- To implement specific trainings to ensure that supply chain personnel has the knowledge and skills to assume and perform their responsibilities.
- To ensure that the support personnel of the Logistics and Supply Department are sufficiently resourced and skilled to provide efficient support to the programs and do so in accordance with SN and donors’ policies and procedures.
- To ensure compliance of all new SN Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- To support the development and revision of program support and operational policies, procedures and systems.
- To support cross-departmental risk identification and mitigation actions that align with organizational risk-management initiatives.
- To ensure all new proposals have received thorough operational (technical log/supply) assessment review and are feasible and well planned.
- To promptly inform the Deputy General Manager of any areas of concern or potential or suspected compliance violations.
- To support the Programs with IT and CRM development activities as required.
- To support ITC systems, Information Security and GDPR compliance for SN.
- To be responsible for creating and managing a list of Vendors, Assets and Contracts.
- Is responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits), for ad hoc, Contracted, and Framework Purchase Agreement (FPA) suppliers.
- Is responsible for executing contracts with suppliers based on their assessed ability to provide high quality goods and services, short delivery time, and value for money.
- To conduct market surveys in key categories to ensure that SN is receiving best value for money.
- As SN has zero tolerance for corruption, coordinate with colleagues to mitigate any risk of fraud.
- To establish a reasonable and appropriate time indicators for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this delivery indicator is followed up and achieved.
- To ensure that full and accurate inventory records are maintained.
- To be accountable for proper tracking and management of all SN assets.
- To define and implement maintenance systems for all SN assets.
- To ensure regular check of assets.
- To provide input and final review on proposal budgets regarding transport, purchasing and logistics.
- To coach, train and supervise personnel, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing performance evaluations.
- To travel to provide technical support & training to field offices.
- To assist supply chain personnel in working with program personnel towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each program.
- University degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Safety and Security Management or related field.
- At least 4 years of post-graduate work experience in supply chain management or logistics with a humanitarian/ development international organization or relative experience in a Corporation with high technical and safety standards.
- 3 years of experience as a Director of department or manager of a team with a diverse portfolio.
- Experience with safety and security management.
- Experience in establishing and implementing polices and procedures.
- Experience with institutional donor policies and procedures (including UNHCR, Unicef, ECHO/EC, other UN agencies).
- Excellent leadership, people management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to develop harmonious teams.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other IT skills.
- Fluency in Greek and English (oral and written).
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in english to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Log&Supply_Dir”.
- Nationwide Travel applies.
- Status: Full Time.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 1: The job holder does not have contact with children.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter