Digital Center of Excellence Director
OPAP is recruiting a Digital Center of Excellence Director,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Director of the Digital Center of Excellence is responsible for ensuring that all OPAP Group’s digital needs are served, introducing digital innovation and excellence. He/she leads four teams responsible for the management and delivery of all internal needs, the user experience and front end development of various web and mobile applications, the project management for the delivery of all outsourced digital projects as well as the digital operations.
He/she will have under his/her responsibility the following areas:
- Design, implementation and monitoring of OPAP’s Digital Strategy for the Group.
- Analysis, Design, Project Management and Delivery for the development of all B2C and B2E transactional and non-transactional digital assets on web and mobile app domains.
- Content Administration (CMS), digital operations, digital analytics and reporting for all digital assets.
- Creative direction with respect to digital for OPAP.
- Design services (UI/UX) for all digital assets (websites, mobile apps, games screens – SSBTs, draws, statistics, winners, etc. - banners).
- Front end development.
- Handling of OPAP’s own digital assets as media for the promotion of its products and services (acting as the “publisher” and distributor for this media).
- Planning and management of the budget associated with all digital activities.
- BSc in Computer Science or Information Systems Management is preferred. Any other field of studies could fit as long as it is supported by related work experience. MSc degree is desirable.
- 10+ years of related work experience in leading a digital environment within gaming, telecoms, banking, FMCG or digital advertising sectors, combining business with technology.
- Strong understanding of technology and business and how these two domains can be fitted together.
- Knowledge of OPAP’s game portfolio as well as experience in online Marketing will be preferred.
- Customer centric and innovation seeking approach.
- Strong project management skills; proven ability of managing diverse teams and projects effectively.
- Effective people management skills with focus on team building and people development
- Strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, in Greek and English
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidates.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.