Upstream is recruiting a DevOps Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- Our focus centers on streamlining the development, building, testing, integration, packaging, and deployment of our micro-services. We are seeking for a DevOps Engineer for ZeroD team to help us maintain and scale our infrastructure in order to offer our users an even greater experience.
An ideal candidate would be a passionate engineer who loves Linux, who feels more comfortable in the shell rather than in an IDE, who is intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure. He/She has a strong networking background, is comfortable in a polyglot environment, thrives in true-agile, fast paced, production facing environments, and may not have all the answers but surely knows how to find them.
- Evolve and support our immutable deployment platform.
- Contribute in the design of high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Trouble-shoot and classify production issues.
- Support the capacity planning for new projects in terms of hardware requirements, using proven best practices.
- Monitor and tune production systems performance.
- Develop command line tools that enable developers to quickly build, bake, and deploy images locally and to the cloud.
- Work directly with Upstream engineers to provide a polyglot-friendly experience and first-class support for platforms built on Java, Python, php and others.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Linux experience -- deep knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Cloud experience -- designing and building tools and infrastructure for cloud platforms (e.g. AWS).
- Programming experience -- Go, shell, Python, Java amongst others.
- Operational experience -- comfortable providing support to other departments, optimizing deployments for availability and uptime, going deep on troubleshooting and remediation.
- Exposure to container technology (e.g. Docker), container-focused Linux distributions, and virtualization in the cloud.
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g. postgres), NoSQL DBs/systems (e.g. Redis, ElasticSearch).
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.