Pollfish is recruiting a DevOps Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Pollfish is disrupting a $50B Market Research industry and makes consumer market research available to all. With our DIY research tool combined with our proprietary network of 600M consumers, we enable companies of all sizes to connect with and understand real consumers worldwide in a fast, easy and cost-effective way.
We have raised millions from institutional investors and we are helping more than 1,500 clients - from small startups to fortune 10 companies - with their research needs. With offices in NYC and Athens, Pollfish doubled in size the past year. We have a fresh perspective on market research, and our team is passionate about redefining the industry standard of how it is talked about, thought about, and conducted. Join our growing team and help us improve market research, one survey at a time.
- Data is constantly on the move at Pollfish. From Apache Kafka, to Postgres, to Apache Druid and Cassandra, to the data-lake. Distributed programming based on Apache Spark, and Apache Flink is leveraged to handle efficiently the immense amounts of data that Pollfish has to process daily. Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence models allow Pollfish to tackle fraud, and improve data quality.
Running a highly available platform comes with its operational challenges. Services need to be optimally tuned, elastic, load balanced and vigilantly monitored. Continuous integration and delivery processes using sophisticated pipelines undertake all repetitive tasks efficiently and reproducibly. At the same time all of our infrastructure needs to be reproducible and always consistent, so “infrastructure as code” is a principle we operate by.
- We are currently planning to strengthen our Devops team so we are looking for a DevOps engineer that would like to be part of all this. To succeed in this mission you need to be proficient with containers and container orchestration frameworks (Docker/Kubernetes) as well as configuration management and infrastructure automation solutions (Ansible). Automation servers (e.g. Jenkins) and CI/CD pipelines should also be part of your arsenal while Linux system management skills are indispensable. Development experience in a programming ecosystem (e.g. Java, GoLang) will be appreciated.
- Stock option plan.
- An attractive salary package.
- Employer sponsored health insurance plan.
- Monthly coupons for personal groceries.
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home.
- Healthy food, snacks and beverages.
- Weekly lunches.
- Workstation hardware of your choice.
- Pleasing and flexible startup environment.
- Part of an innovative tech company.
- Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.