Database Administrator (DBA)
IBI Group is recruiting a Database Administrator (DBA), to be based in Athens, Greece.
- We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Our Operations Support team in Athens is expanding to meet an increasing work load. We are seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to join a successful team and continue to build the Intelligent Transport Systems of the future.
You will be working on a large range of client based projects and providing a pro-active service by ensuring data management policies, standards and procedures are being followed in both the test and live (production) environments while identifying and suggesting any areas for improvement. This role is based in Maroussi and is planned to commence at the beginning of September.
- Take part in Database Administration tasks such as Creating Database, Backup and Recovery, partitioning and Performance tuning, Disaster Recovery for Production and test environments.
- Take part in Database Administration tasks such as restoring the database from Backup for test environments.
- Monitoring the database environment, identify performance, trends and develop meaningful reporting, metrics and trending documentation to develop action plans.
- Work with ETL products for data processing and analysis.
- Collaborating with other Database administrator and developers (based in Toronto, Canada) and project manager to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain databases required for development, testing and production.
- Investigate and provide solutions to database or data related issues that arise.
- Assist with query and report writing.
- Along with the QA Manager, to test changes to systems.
- Manage database security.
- Experience of Oracle (11g and 12c) and Active dataguard in a DBA role.
- Database Administration.
- A good understanding of database systems.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Pro-active approach to work.
- Work as part of a team both locally and globally.
Some experience or knowledge of any of the following is not essential but would be warmly received:
- Agile (Kanban) methodology.
- Atlassian JIRA.
- Wiki (Confluence).
- Microsoft Teams.
- We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις