Signal is recruiting a Data Scientist, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- Signal Ocean brings shipping into the 21st century with a platform that enhances commercial performance for the entire shipping supply chain, and currently is looking for a mid-senior Data Scientist to join its Strategy team in Athens.
Using Agile methodologies, our Data Scientists work tightly integrated with engineering, data, product and business analysis professionals to develop robust, scalable data science models, tools and insights related to the highly entrepreneurial domains of shipping and commodities trading.
If you are interested in working at the intersection of artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering and advanced business analytics and if you have the skills and drive to create and improve novel algorithms, models and, ultimately, technology products that professionals love, then we would love to hear from you.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
The interview process includes a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
- MSc / PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a relevant scientific field.
- 3+ years of post-academic data science experience; advanced Python and/or R skills.
- Strong skills working with algorithms, computational complexity, statistics and ML/AI techniques.
- Software engineering skills are welcome in either C#.Net, Java or functional computer languages.
- Passionate and talented in quickly assimilating business, technology and science ideas.
- Expertise in working with large datasets (SQL/NoSQL).
- Experience with Big Data systems (Spark, Hadoop) and geospatial/temporal data is welcome.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company’s working language).
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority).
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.