Data Processing Intern
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Data Processing Intern, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Signal Ocean, a well-funded (post Series A), AI-powered SaaS start-up in the maritime transportation sector, is currently looking for self-driven, fast-learning individuals with a passion for technology to join our Strategy function in Athens for an internship of 4-6 months.
This opportunity is ideal for all of those who are either in undergraduate level or recent graduates, willing to learn and prepare themselves for a career in the shipping and oil industry.
So, if you have a passion for data, technology and problem-solving, then we would love to hear from you.
- Create structured data sets from unstructured sources.
- Collect, compile and validate data and information.
- Manage and ensure efficient precise data entry and quality.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Enthusiasm about oil & shipping industries.
- Computer literate with ability to work with numbers.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- The interview process may include a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
- Through this internship, you will gain valuable experience in a challenging, high-pace environment, collaborating and developing yourself amongst a young, competent and highly-driven team, engaged in an innovative and ambitious business plan. Through your tasks you will be introduced to basic terms and gain understanding in concepts of the shipping domain.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.