Blueground is recruiting a Data Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are currently looking to recruit a Data Engineer based in Athens or working remote in Europe to join our high performing BI team. You will focus on leading accurate, relevant and timely business insights to support decision making and revenue growth. You’ll work in an exciting and collaborative environment, surrounded by talented and motivated colleagues. This position requires a strong command of data architecture, data processing and deployment techniques, high business acumen, as well as a demonstrated practical ability to determine where to invest time, synthesize actionable findings across diverse assignments, and present these findings to an audience with varying levels of background in analytics.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures.
- Build the company's KPIs by structuring new tables and coding new metric definitions.
- Build new data pipelines from scratch, integrated with existing tools, such as Google Analytics.
- Identify and acquire necessary data from multiple sources and organize/clean the information to enhance operational data quality.
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Support the requirements of Data Analysts and Business stakeholders.
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition.
- Automate interdependent data pipelines.
- Test and QA end to end data pipelines.
- 3 - 4 years of data engineering experience - preferably working for a digital and fast paced company.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other relevant fields of studies.
- Strong experience with RDBMS, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high quality code. Preferably with experience in Python, Scala.
- Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions.
- Experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi or similar.
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines.
- Experience with Github.
- Agile team-working experience.
- Background interest in Big Data a plus.
- Analytical mindset and detail-oriented with ability to focus and prioritize demanding workload.
- Self-motivated, self- organised individual, able to work independently.
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Remote Possible.
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.