Signal is recruiting a Data Curator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- The Signal Group is looking for well-organized, efficient, dependable, individuals with a passion for technology and shipping to join our Data Curation team for 3-6 months internship.
The Data Curation team will be responsible for creating new data sets to be used by our models to improve their accuracy.
This opportunity is ideal for all of those who are either in undergraduate level or recent graduates, willing to learn and prepare themselves for a career within a technology organization.
So, if you have a passion for technology, problem-solving and working with large datasets, then we would love to hear from you.
No coding or development experience is needed.
- Work with a team whose focus is content and data quality.
- Generate, curate and improve shipping related data.
- Verify data accuracy, ensuring it meets the required business standards.
- Consolidate and organize data for business use.
- Utilize and expand your shipping knowledge.
- Monitor daily data ingest processes and take corrective actions as needed.
- Report on progress and completion of curatorial review.
- Bachelor studies on a stem field.
- Familiarity with qualitative & quantitative analysis.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Detail-oriented with ability to learn quickly.
- Through this internship, you will gain valuable experience in a challenging, high-pace environment, collaborating and developing yourself amongst a young, competent and highly-driven team, engaged in an innovative and ambitious business plan. Through your tasks you will be introduced to basic terms and gain understanding in concepts of the shipping and technology domain.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.