Signal is recruiting a Data Analyst, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- Analyzing data is centrally placed in Signal’s mission. We research and curate data as inputs into our advanced analytics solution. We assure the quality of our customers’ uploaded data and the resulting insights after analysis has taken place. We are the Humans-in-the-Loop that handle situations yet-to-be modeled in our AI-powered analysis and those who continuously reinforce the learning of the machine.
If you are interested in optimizing business process and data-centric solutions using data analysis skills and if you have the drive to create and improve technology products that professionals love, then we would love to hear from you.
Data Management and Quality Assurance
- Develop tools and scripts for monitoring and tracking machine-learning pipelines/data-driven products.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot datasets.
- Optimize business processes using appropriate data-centric solutions.
- Creating and improving methods and reports to assure quality in both input and output data.
- Helping measure and track accuracy, performance, and impact of our product.
- Evaluating and monitoring customer accounts from a data perspective.
- Participating in, organizing and leading our Human-in-the-Loop effort, across teams.
- Working with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to improve internal and external tools, including operational contributions to Machine Learning.
- Researching and identifying data sources for a wide variety of shipping related information.
- Collecting, processing, cleansing and improving data; assuring the quality of data throughout.
- Wrangling and transforming data, preparing them for entry into our various systems.
- Analyzing and interpreting data using technology and statistical techniques.
- Generating data by combining other data sources.
- Coordinating large data campaigns on behalf of the whole company.
- Owning and coordinating all teams to achieve customer on-boarding.
- Ensuring and contributing to customer data success, i.e. quality of input data and resulting outputs.
- Reviewing, triaging and closing requests for changes to existing data.
- Working closely with clients, sales, marketing to define standards, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- Bachelor’s or/and Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- Working experience with data wrangling on large datasets (SQL).
- Very good knowledge of Python and strong experience with pandas framework.
- Passion for achieving customer delight and developed customer service mentality.
- Knowledge of data analysis methods.
- Comfortable in acting as a point of contact; explaining complicated methods and data to non-technical colleagues/clients.
- Good organization skills and willingness to work in and help the team.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority).
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.