Cultural Mediator Lingala / French
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Cultural Mediator
Lingala / French, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Participate in operational research field work by assisting in communications with participants, producing relevant material, facilitating during interviews and transcribe collected data.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the research.
- Assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential participants to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone.
- According to research protocol, participate in data collection and facilitate the discussion between the participants and the investigators on specific topics.
- Transcribe and maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of participants, as necessary, until the end of the research.
- Attend trainings and other meetings as necessary.
- Report to Principal Investigator: activities, problems, strengths and constraints.
- Travel to field sites to assist in collection and recording of data and as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- Valid residence and work permit for Greece essential.
- Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation.
- Fluent knowledge of English, Lingala, and French. Greek is an asset.
- Two years minimum in a similar job; experience with MSF or other NGOs desirable.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Computer literacy an asset.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and victims of torture an asset.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter