Cultural Mediator / Kurdish
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Cultural Mediator / Kurdish, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- The main objective of this position is to support MSF medical staff and to ensure the provision of high quality medical services.
- Assures the translation between the medical doctor and the patient in his/her mother tongue.
- Ensures that the translation is adequate, neutral, accurate and understandable to all involved parties.
- Supports all the medical activities as well as health promotion activities when needed.
- Accompanies beneficiaries to health and social care facilities as needed to facilitate interpretation and service provision.
- Ensures confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Fluency in Kurdish and English.
- Knowledge of Greek and/or French will be an advantage.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension).
- Location: Athens – Daily Care Centre.
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “Kurdish CM Athens Project" in the subject line of the e-mail at: https://msfocs.workable.com/jobs/508804
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Send your Documentation online at msf.gr, quoting reference code “Kurdish CM Athens Project" in the subject line of the e-mail.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις