Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Cultural Mediator/French-Lingala, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Make the bridge between beneficiaries (people on the move, migrants and refugees communities) and care providers (MSF and/or supported services) in the host country (arrival/transit/destination), with the aim to improve fair and equal access to health care and other relevant services and their quality by addressing potential negative consequences of language barriers, socio-cultural differences, discrimination and tensions and by fostering their removal.
- Supports the provision of quality services to beneficiaries facilitating the communication between beneficiaries and project staff and assisting with beneficiaries’ referrals and follow up.
- Interprets and mediates between the beneficiary in his/her language into Greek or English and vice versa for the Medical Doctors, the Psychologist, the Social Worker and other project staff.
- Accompanies beneficiaries to health and social care facilities as needed to facilitate interpretation and service provision.
- Translates MSF internal / external documents into local language(s).
- Supports Reception when necessary.
- Ensures confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Valid residence and work permit for Greece essential.
- Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation.
- Essential Lingala, French and Greek or Greek or Lingala, French and English.
- Two years minimum in a similar job; experience with MSF or other NGOs desirable.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Computer literacy an asset.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and victims of torture an asset.
- Full time position, 5 days a week.
- Annual gross salary : According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month (high possibility of extension).
- Location: Athens.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.