Diageo is recruiting a CP&A Executive, to be based in
- Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
- We have the exciting opportunity to join our Customer Marketing Team! The main purpose of this role is to bring to life all programs related to channel predominant brand activations. Constant seeking of improvement through constant pre and post evaluation of activities tracking (ROI).
Translate Strategy into a wining commercial plan for the channel
- Translate channel strategy and develop a detailed channel activation plan with specific KPIs, measurement milestones and investment breakdown.
- Activities planning based on growth platforms that fit our market (JUBP outcome). Collaboration with sales in exchanging feedback regarding mechanics and timings that safeguard balance with customers. Customize growth drivers activation for priority customers.
- Develops channel, customer, competition and category understanding, that are fully alligned with the proposed plan for the channel. Provides proposals for building in plan identified opportunities.
- Develop necessary guideliness or tools (eg Generic Customer Propositions) to enhance sales force negotiation ability with customers.
- Ensure activation is supported with best in class material. Effectively engages with agency and guarantees the material delivered in time and in full for implementation.
- Leverages feedback to propose any necessary changes in channel plan in time.
- Monitors and evaluates progress / performance of channel plans, proposes course corrections when necessary.
- Provides feedback & shares with Europe the activation plans of all shopper marketing activities as well as the KPIs (pre and post activation).
- Lead channel M&E in collaboration of commercial finance. Codify learnings and incorporate them into the promotional planning. Engage sales team into the benefits and learnings of promotional effectiveness.
- Budget tracking & control (discounts and A&P). Handling of actual credit notes and invoices and further collaboration with Finance team for budget alignment and processing.
Channel activation and promotional plans
- Cut-off dates for lead times for execution.
- Executional decisions for promotional activity in cooperation with internal stakeholders / agencies.
- Priority insights for channel activation.
- Escalation of issues regarding activities implementation.
- Budget responsibilities.
- Budget tracking of POS expenditure within Commercial Planning controlled commercial A&P.
Customer & Commerce understanding
- Displays solid understanding of customers, commerce & market to drive the creation of a winning commercial plan.
- Internal / External Engagement: Displays strong capability in engaging key stakeholders, sales teams and customers to achieve fast alignment.
- Has a detailed understanding of Promotional Effectiveness. Pre & post evaluates min 60% of promotional activity using the Ready Reckoner [or equivalent] tool. All Promotional Evaluation is stored within a central promotion library. Uses 3rd party data to evaluate promotion effectiveness.
- Can effectively package and use outputs from evaluations to support preparation for customer negotiations and feed in internal monthly meetings, e.g. Monthly BPM process.
Consistently deliver great performance
- Identify clear priorities and focus on them at all times. Know your own role in beating the competition.
- Understands and applies key policies and governance.
- Is imaginative in finding solutions to issues and pursuing opportunities for the business.
- Has a positive outlook, channels energy into finding opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Build great relationships with those you work with, both internally and externally.
- Is open and honest at all times; demonstrate integrity.
- Project management knowledge –knows how to get the best from agencies and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables on tight lead-times.
- Strong requirement for –good analytical/ MS skills, very good presentation skills, commercial drive, able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Previous channel / customer environment experience is desirable with experience in the Diageo way of selling, customer propositions (minimum of 2 years).
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably of Italian or Greek.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.