Corporate Relations Manager
Diageo is recruiting a Corporate Relations Manager,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- The role of our Corporate Relations (CR) team is to protect and promote Diageo’s reputation and licence to operate, to support our ambition to become the most trusted and respected consumer goods company. We have an opportunity for a Corporate Relations Manager for Greece that supports the Europe CR team and other internal stakeholders on all pillars of CR activity across Greece (with some support across Europe projects).
- Operationalising and executing the Europe CR Strategy in Greece, both as local operating environment and as part of the Med cluster.
- Covering the entire CR spectrum across the 3 CR pillars (Government, Society and Communications) in Greece.
- Deliver the comms & policy engagement programme for Greece, while presenting the Med cluster General Manager with engagement opportunities. This includes to represent Diageo on all industry fora, internal and external events, and act as default company spokesperson.
In this role you’ll develop and nurture strong relationships with
- Internal stakeholders: the other country CRDs, the above market CR teams based in London, the General Manager of the Mediterranean and their leadership teams.
- External stakeholders, with focus on industry, government, media and public health-related NGOs in Greece.
- Given the flexible structure and ways of working embedded in the Europe CR team, the role holder will be expected to support special projects across the Market when needed.
What you can expect in the role
- You’ll soon develop an excellent knowledge and understanding of Diageo Europe, of the Mediterranean cluster and of Greece business strategy and goals, brands, innovations, policies and practices and the ability to work well across the matrix.
- The role has a Greece remit requiring interaction with a range of functions and countries - the role will collaborate and respond directly to specific project needs.
- Greece has an open EU Directive infringement on tsipouro taxation, issue closely linked to untaxed production of wine, despite the need for revenues, making the political environment one of the most complex and challenging. Success requires the individual to adopt balanced positions, and be able to create and sustain relationships and to flex to cultural nuances as required.
- Greece is characterised by permeable border with both EU and non-EU members, hence it is particularly sensitive to flows of unrecorded alcohol (raw materials and finished products).
- A track record of creating developing and executing against CR objectives, with strong core functional standards and skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at different levels and the capability and confidence to provide direction, coaching and support to others.
- Strong relationship building, persuasion and alignment skills. Able to build strong relationships with broad spectrum of seniorities, and align stakeholders through from idea to implementation.
- Commercial awareness and experience of working with these drivers, industry value chain, and alcohol & health landscape. Ability to search, extract, analyse and present data and insights.
- Managing ambitious agendas of multiple projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong skills in at least one local language (preferably Greek); experience of working in multiple geographies is highly desirable.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.