Core Network Performance Engineer
WIND is recruiting a Core Network Performance Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- In WIND we are committed to becoming an outstanding independent telecommunications company in the European market, delivering unique value for money services to our customers. Our ambitious commitment mobilizes us to keep evolving, to seek out new challenges and to change, without fear, in a creative and empowering environment! All these elements create a high performance culture, characterized by the passion, talent and competencies of our employees.
- Start today, as a Core Network Performance Engineer in Demand Management & Operational Control Department and play a key role in maintain an excellent network performance by working in an enthusiastic team.
- Analyze & report the core network performance & quality, via the set Key Performance / Quality Indicators (KPI / KQI) in order to identify performance degradation & assist in the fault management tasks.
- Troubleshoot complex problems involving the EPC node elements such as SGSN, GGSN and IMS Core with ability to analyze call traces and identify protocols.
- Monitoring the system’s performance and finding ways to make improvements or mitigate potential problems.
- Investigate & propose new measurements for new aspects of the core network quality.
- Interact with all involved parties (within company, or external vendors), regarding Core Network Quality.
- Prepare, post-process & analyze the various reports regarding the Core Network Performance & Quality (either standard, or ad-hoc, seasonal, network expansion - modification, special cases etc.).
- Work with the Operational & Engineering Teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the platform and recommend corrective actions to resolve any identified degradation.
- Work with Capacity Planning team on the capacity forecast for the related nodes and plan necessary expansion or optimization to ensure uncompromised provisioning and network performance.
- BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering, an MSc in relevant field will be considered a must.
- Strong experience in EPC/IMS network & architecture & interfaces. Aware of current and new technology benefits and related 3GPP specs. Experience with the implementation of the Ericsson EPC & IMS network is a huge plus.
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6) algorithms.
- Experience with system optimization, and performance KPIs.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar position. Preferable in service provider/ operator or vendor.
- Excellent command of MS Excel / MS Access and competent scripting in SQL is a plus.
- Experience in BI systems considered a huge plus (such as TABLEAU, QLIK view, PowerBI e.t.c).
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with management, engineering, NOC and vendors.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.