Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
- Οι Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières/MSF) είναι μια διεθνής, ανεξάρτητη, ιατρική ανθρωπιστική οργάνωση που παρέχει ιατρική φροντίδα σε ανθρώπους αποκλεισμένους από την υγειονομική περίθαλψη, σε θύματα βίας, φυσικών καταστροφών ή ενόπλων συγκρούσεων. Δρα με μοναδικό κριτήριο τις ιατρικές ανάγκες, ανεξάρτητα από φυλετικά, θρησκευτικά ή πολιτικά κριτήρια με στόχο την ανακούφιση του ανθρώπινου πόνου αλλά και την ευαισθητοποίηση της κοινής γνώμης για τις ανθρωπιστικές κρίσεις που μαίνονται στον πλανήτη.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Construction Manager, to be based in Lesbos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to construction and rehabilitation according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure that construction works meet the needs of MSF programs.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing all the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the mission/project, including its budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the line manager on the development of the ongoing programs. This includes the following:
- Planning construction/rehabilitation projects to be performed in the mission, participating in the project design and development and ensuring that technical aspects are met and are in compliance with the local construction habits.
- Coordinating purchase orders related to the work activity and checking the materials in stock and warehouse inventory control.
- Participating in the preparation of budgets associated to construction/rehabilitation projects, preparing invoices for payment of the works and anticipating the cash flow required for monthly payments.
- Providing safety equipment for people who work in construction so as to ensure that all workers comply with safety standards.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area.
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Following up and reporting on the works' progress and on technical aspects of the work and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.).
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the Project Medical Referent; conclude in the design of the construction and deliver budget and chronogram of the implementation phase.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics teams of the project in order to leverage existing relationships with local authorities and communities.
- Education: Essential university or technical school diploma, desirable construction or engineering related studies.
- Experience: Required previous experience in construction (minimum two years).
Required MSF experience.
- Languages: Mission language essential, local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary : According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private health insurance.
- Duration: 3-month contract.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Construction Manager" in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter