Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Communication Director, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- The main objective of this position is to define the communication strategies aiming at anchoring MSF and its’ values in the Greek society and promote them efficiently.
The Communication Director reports directly to MSF Greece General Director, and s/he is a member of MSF Greece’s Management Team. Due to the importance of the collaboration between the Communication and the Fundraising Departments, Communication Director holds the responsibility to contribute actively to the progress (plan of action etc.) of the FR Dpt.
Responsible to develop, implement and monitors the Communication strategy, including public relations, marketing, and media relations in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- Develops monitors and reviews the annual communication plan and the departmental budget.
- Analyses and modifies when necessary the strategy in light of internal or external developments affecting the organization.
- Develops networks inside Greece and maintains relation/information on MSF.
- Develops public awareness activities such as events like theatrical plays, exhibitions, concerts etc in collaboration with Fundraising Dpt.
Assumes overall responsibility for the implementation of all communication activities in order to ensure coherence, international standards and team spirit within the department.
- Oversees and coordinates where necessary the planning, implementation and follow up activities undertaken by the staff of the department.
- Oversees and coordinates the design and the production of communication print materials and publications.
- Provides direct and indirect communications and public relations support to Fundraising, Human Resources and Programs Departments.
- In collaboration with MSF movement, supports the definition and implementation of communication activities for projects managed by other MSF sections as well as for general issues and topics related to MSF.
- Ensures that effective media relations are carried out to provide the media with optimal information on MSF international activities and up to date developments of MSF projects in the field.
- Initiate and/or participates in meetings with major targeted groups as appropriate.
- Adjusts and/or develops new activities/projects according to results.
- Evaluates the results of all communication activities.
- Participates in the recruitment, supervises, trains and evaluates all staff in the department.
- Organizes departmental meetings.
- Prepares and submits to the general director weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports regarding the performance of communication activities.
As a member of the management team, contributes to the development of the overall strategy of the organization.
- Contributes to MSF’s international communications strategies, priorities and policies.
- Participates in the strategic planning process of MSF GR, debates and decision making to recommend, develop and implement MSF GR and MSF international strategic orientation, goals and policies.
- Undertakes travel and participates in meetings as necessitated by the section’s international cooperation needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field such as Communication, Marketing, Business Administration, Political Science or other equivalent bachelor’s degrees.
- At least four years of experience in the field of journalism, public relations, media relations or communication, in a position dealing with similar duties at a senior management or director level.
- In-depth knowledge of the function of NGOs is desirable.
- International working experience will be considered an asset.
- Masters or postgraduate degree in Communication/Business Administration preferred.
- HQ or Field experience with MSF or other humanitarian organisations considered an asset.
- Fluent in Greek and English. French/Spanish desirable.
- Commitment with MSF Principles.
- Strategic Vision.
- Result and quality-oriented.
- Initiative and Innovation.
- People’s management and development.
- Team work and collaboration.
- Intercultural awareness.
- Stress management.
- Position based in the Médecins Sans Frontières Greece - Athens Headquarters.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: Based on MSF Salary Grid plus secondary benefits.
- Please submit your CV and a Motivation letter in English under the reference “Communication Director” by email to: email@example.com.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Communication Director" in the subject line of the e-mail.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις