Commercial Planning & Activation Manager
Diageo is recruiting a Commercial Planning & Activation Manager
for Israel, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
- The purpose of the CP&A role is to develop brilliant Joint Up Business Plans for countries in their cluster, champion and drive excellent execution of the plans, and actively support business performance, in close collaboration with key Diageo stakeholders and Partner and Distributor’s teams. It is the purpose of the role to achieve excellent cooperation with Europe Consumer marketing and rest of EPM Customer Marketing and RtC teams.
- Commercial Clusters consist of different countries, each having a dedicated Distributor set-up with varied marketing capability, a unique legal landscape and a diverse Diageo portfolio. CP&A for each cluster closely collaborates with the Diageo Country Manager, Diageo Commercial Manager, Diageo Consumer Marketing and the Distributor Team, to drive the business in country. The complexity of the CP&A remit is significantly higher than what is typical in an customer relationship in an IMC but also very exciting and enriching!
- Develop country strategy and annual plans (including portfolio, channel and innovation strategy).
- Drive the adaptation of centrally provided growth drivers (excl. ATL), to meet specific market requirements, keeping consistency with brand guidelines.
- Ensure excellence in execution in market, following pre-determined execution standards and KPIs, delivering rigorous M&E to track performance, and capture learnings.
- Support quarterly business reviews to ensure performance and plans are on track.
- Ensure control and compliance of activation in-markets in line with Diageo policies and CARM.
- All of the above in close partnership with Diageo Country Managers and Distributor Teams.
- Creates a JUBP 18-month rolling plan, based on country, channel and brand strategy, baseline financials and execution standards.
Execution & Activity Plans
- Owns, coordinates and delivers the activity calendaring cross-functionally.
- Identifies where / how additional value can be created for the Distributor, Customer and Diageo. Evaluates and drives recommendations based on sound commercial understanding and Customer, Shopper, Consumer insight. Uses tools and analytical mechanisms to measure and evaluate performance.
Diageo Leadership Standard (top 3 priority areas):
- Inspire Through Purpose:
- Create meaning, pride and belief for others through Diageo’s purpose; Inspire teams to take entrepreneurial risks, encourage & recognise learning; Build trust and respect in Diageo through open and honest relationships; Celebrate frequently the impact of living our purpose.
- Invest in Talent:
- Take bold bets on talent underpinned by rigorous assessment; Build and coach diverse teams to unlock performance & growth; Create an inclusive environment where everyone can be at their best;
- Instil agility and resilience in our teams.
- Win Through Execution:
- Act like owners of Diageo by holding self and others accountable for highest standards; Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace; Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly; Demand brilliant execution to ensure we always win at the point of purchase.
- At least 6 years working experience in marketing, customer marketing, commercial or Innovation. Preferably in more than one function.
- Capable of working within a virtual team and cross-functionally.
- Capable of working with a high sense of initiative and ownership, being self-sufficient and independent.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hebrew will be an advantage.
- Cross-cultural experience is considered an advantage.
- Experience in distributor management is an advantage.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.