Civil Infrastructure Engineer
IBI Group is recruiting a Civil Infrastructure Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- IBI Group’s Athens office (based in Maroussi) is searching for a Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join its growing Infrastructure Design Team. We take pride in offering career growth and challenging opportunities within a global organisation solving today’s difficult urban issues.
The successful candidate will work on a wide range of projects with a supportive international team of industry-leading experts. This role would require sound design skills using Civil 3D and direct exposure to road, highway and surface transit (BRT and LRT) design projects.
- The Civil Infrastructure Engineer undertakes complex assignments requiring a diverse knowledge of engineering, design principles and practices.
- Assist the Project Manager on a variety of projects including: road, highway and surface transit projects (BRT and LRT) preliminary and detailed design.
- Develop and deliver calculations for site grading and establishment of utilities and roadways requirements for translation into working drawings (including stormwater analysis and design).
- Produce preliminary design engineering drawings, including plan/profile, site layouts, cross-sections, and preliminary material quantity take-offs.
- Prepare detailed construction drawings and details.
- Oversee drafting and design output from junior engineers and technologists which may include project management for the coordination and delivery of a complete detailed design drawing package.
- Provide advice on design processes and/or construction methods.
- Develop innovative and practical solutions within the bounds of good civil design.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and other documentation, including cost estimates.
- Review drawings and perform quality control checks on drawings and reports.
- Follow quality assurance/quality control, and health and safety requirements.
- Travel to other IBI offices or project sites as required.
- University Degree in Civil Engineering with 5 to 10 years of experience in civil infrastructure design, including functional / preliminary design as well as detailed design of road and highway projects.
- Experience in surface transit projects (BRT and LRT) is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of stormwater analysis and design is required and strong stormwater management experience is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D design software is required.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer.
- Proven technical writing and strong verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to be flexible and collaborate, while maintaining quality work within a fast paced environment.
- Experience with project management and/or construction management is an advantage.
- We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.