Child-friendly Space Facilitator / Early Childhood Educator
SolidarityNow is recruiting a Child-friendly Space Facilitator / Early Childhood Educator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Child-friendly Space facilitator/ Early Childhood Educator is responsible for the social-emotional growth and development of children beneficiaries of the project, which include preschool age children and youth, usually after an emergency or crisis, or during a protracted emergency. Considering the particular characteristics and current living conditions of the children, he/she will be concerned with the provision of support through recreational and early childhood educational activities, following instructions of the respective team leader and according to project’s guidelines. He/she will work closely with parents/caregivers to encourage their active participation in respective activities.
He/She is expected to cultivate an atmosphere of respect and appreciation among beneficiaries, to embrace cultural diversities and encourage development of different skills. He/She should promote learning through play, collaboration, critical thinking, while focusing on rebuilding/strengthening the resilience of the children. Finally, he/she will be responsible for the supervision of the space/classroom in which he/she performs his/her duties during working time. Reports to: Team Leader.
- Provides age-appropriate experiences and activities for children, including free play, storytelling, games and songs, and develops activities that promote literacy/math concepts and early education.
- Develops weekly plans and implements age appropriate activities to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development under their care, including activities of a creative, imaginative, physical and communicative type.
- Provides a developmentally appropriate environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth, while catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders and capacities.
- Plans and implements activities that meet the physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs of the children, while children with special needs are integrated in a positive and respectful manner.
- Ensures that all children feel comfortable and safe to participate in activities, as well as that their own views are respected and taken into consideration.
- Ensures that activities build children’s self-esteem through positive guidance and nurturing and the space itself acts as a positive role model that promotes friendship, solidarity and conflict-solving behaviors.
- Provides daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and each age group.
- Plans parent meetings to discuss children’s developmental progress, supporting needs and interests.
- Identifies protection and other supporting needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers when/where appropriate.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, assist in overall case management and provision of support to children and families.
- Ensures activities are consistent with project’s guidelines.
- On an on-going basis, plans, evaluates and improves the physical environment in the space/classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
- Participates in ongoing in-service and education development opportunities and participates in the ongoing development and evaluation of the project’s goals and objectives.
- Keeps accurate records and report in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or Political Sciences; (i.e. Education -preferably Early Childhood/Preschool Education, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy etc).
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for children and youth.
- Strong knowledge of protection issues related to refugee children and families.
- High professional ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background and diversity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Strong team player.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Good report writing skills.
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and Child Safeguarding guiding principles.
The following will be considered as a bonus:
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset.
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 25th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN_CFS/ECE”.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3: The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- Full Time.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις