Signal Maritime is recruiting a Chartering Officer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- We are looking for a mid-level versatile Tanker Chartering Officer who is interested in pursuing a career in a newly established, dynamic and innovative shipping group.
The role will report directly to the company’s VP of Commercial Operations and will be involved in negotiations and fixing activities for a growing tanker and dry bulk fleet.
- Communicate with the VP of Commercial Operations and Chartering Officer the various employment opportunities of each ship, agree on strategy and trade the ships.
- Negotiate spot charters to achieve maximum income with resolute attention to the decision-making process.
- Discuss with Tanker Operator in detail about the type of cargoes and the merits of the intended voyage.
- Follow up with the Tanker Operations department, the Freight Collection and Disbursements.
- Master the Signal Ocean Platform, provide feedback on the product team.
- Deliver good chartering results.
- Travel extensively to meet existing and new clients Meet with clients, discover potential business opportunities, and well manage business relationships.
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Mathematics, Shipping Management or in a related field.
- Working experience in strategy consulting, banking or other.
- Experience of more than a year in a Commercial Shipping Department will be considered a plus.
- Excellent listening, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and methodical skills; attention to detail.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and network with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Team spirit; caring about the business and appreciating collaboration with colleagues.
- Proactiveness, ability to make quick decisions.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% performance bonus/incentive (depending on seniority).
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision.
- Fun work environment.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.