Case Worker Supervisor
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Case Worker Supervisor, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Implement and supervise all social-related activities targeting the ease of the patient’s situation, through either direct support or referrals to specialized actors. Identify pathways to refer the patients in order to make a better use of the local system. Guarantee a proper patient reception and patient flow within the Athens-VOT project.
- Identifying indicators in order to monitor SW activities, In close collaboration with key stakeholders, designing and updating the Social Work strategy, and achievements and contribute to the continuously reporting.
- Developing standard procedures for social work referrals.
- Organizing information sessions for the MSF team on key legal and social issues affecting the patients when needed. Closely follow-up on legal developments relevant for the asylum seeking population. Engage with medical supervisors to ensure a good understanding of SW objectives and achievements.
- Identifying key actors (legal and accommodation actors, NGOs and local authorities) and being the focal point for networking in order to ensure a strong referral network and pathways to cover patient’s social needs and make a better use of the local system. Attending relevant coordination and working group meetings and reporting back.
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes of the staff development cycle recruitment, induction, evaluation, and development.
- Planning, organizing supervising in close collaboration with other medical staff the activities of the Social Worker - team and the reception.
- Collecting important information linked to the socio-legal situation of the population, partners and authorities, and reporting to the medical and advocacy team with a continuous needs and gaps analysis.
- Monitoring incidences and complete and follow up the incident reporting tool.
- Education: Essential diploma in law, social work, psychologist or social sciences.
- Experience: Essential working experience in working with asylum seeking/refugee population in Greece. Essential experience in people management. Having worked in MSF Operations in Europe over the last 2 years is an asset.
- Languages: Essential English and Greek.
- Knowledge: Computer Literacy essential (word and excel).
- Teamwork, service orientation, behavioural flexibility, stress management, results and quality orientation, intercultural sensitivity essential.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 2 month contract (high possibility of indefinite extension).
- Location: Athens.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "CWS VOT" in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter