Business Intelligence Engineer
Upstream is recruiting a Business Intelligence Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- We are currently recruiting a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Business Intelligence Team in Athens. In this role, you will be responsible for creating Tableau reports and Dashboards, as well as developing SQL and ETL to support them. You will use your expertize in presenting the data to see beyond the numbers, and provide insights to the Business as a whole. The Business Intelligence covers ETL, Reporting and Analytics with Upstream. This is focused on the Reporting and ETL aspects, but a close collaboration with the data analysts will be required, and the candidate will have the opportunity to learn and expand his/her knowledge in this area.
As a BI Engineer, you will be part of a highly competent and innovative team, constantly evolving the business intelligence infrastructure of Upstream. You will operate in a challenging but rewarding environment, in which each individual contribution is welcome and valued. This role will involve regular interaction with our business users, up to a senior level. You will be given full autonomy to develop these relationships.
- Design and develop business-critical reports and dashboards.
- Work closely with the business to capture reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the development team to fully understand our data infrastructure.
- Design and develop the required data structures and ETL to support these reports.
- Introduce new tools to improve the reporting capabilities of the team.
- Automate routing tasks and data quality checks.
- Monitor the performance of the reporting infrastructure and take the required corrective actions.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Management or equivalent.
- 4+ Years of experience with Business Intelligence toolsets, ideally with Tableau, but experience with other BI technologies are OK.
- Expertize in writing optimized SQL – We use Amazon Redshift and PostgreSQL.
- Experience of ETL development (SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho Data Integration) – We use Pentaho Data Integration.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies is desirable - We use SPARK SQL and Impala.
- Exposure to data science is a plus, but not strictly required.
- Exposure to working with third party data sources and APIs such as Google Analytics is desirable.
- Work closely with our stakeholders to understand their requirement and improve the experience they get from reporting.
- Creative and determined individual.
- Be a problem solver, constantly looking to provide improvement, and work out alternate solutions until we get a satisfactory outcome.
- Able to work well under pressure, within tight deadlines in sometimes challenging situations.
- Strong player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy enjoy the technical challenges that come with developing a BI solution, as well as the contact with the business users who are going to use that solution.
- Be dependable, reliable, and have attention to detail, taking pride in the work delivered.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.