Business Intelligence Developer – Analyst
OPAP is recruiting a Business Intelligence Developer - Analyst, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The mission of the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer - Analyst is to plan, analyze and implement BI solutions in support of strategic business objectives. Key axes are data integration from distinct 3rd party vendors, data quality assurance, user guidance and requirements analysis, delivery of high quality information.
The BI Developer/Analyst works within BI team to address the needs for BI-related solutions, delivered to multiple internal and external stakeholders (higher management, line managers, regulators, etc.).
- Communicates with business users to gather requirements, offers consultation during business analysis, clarifies and formalizes deliverables and participates in user training.
- Participates in design, development, documentation and unit testing of BI-related applications, data flows, reports, dashboards etc. while using a variety of platforms, tools and data sources.
- Monitors the processes in OPAP Group & 3rd party DW systems to provide daily data and implements enhancements to the quality and extent of data by creating or improving ETL procedures.
- Leverages available tools and techniques to consolidate information from various data sources, designs data marts and semantic layers and utilizes them to present a holistic and multi-dimensional view of the company.
- Detects problems in BI-related areas, performs reconciliations and proposes ways to further improve team’s incident-solving capability.
- Develops good understanding of the business aspects related to the operation of various OPAP Group business units and product offerings and identifies areas of potential interest for BI analysis.
- Explores industry trends regarding BI and Analytics related platforms and tools and discovers opportunities to enhance business capabilities.
- Participates in the analysis and evaluation of the proposed by the 3rd party vendors solutions and detects potential threats or weaknesses.
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant discipline. MSc degree will be preferred.
- 3-7 years of proven working experience in requirements analysis, design, development, testing and support of large scale BI projects.
- Solid experience in an Analyst/Developer role in relational database systems (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase IQ, DB2, IBM Netezza, etc.), data management, reporting, analytics.
- Proven experience with cloud-based services i.e. Microsoft Azure BI.
- Good knowledge in at least one ETL tool (SSIS, Informatica, DataStage or similar).
- Experience in Report/Dashboard development using tools (Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft SSAS/SSRS, SAP Business Objects or similar).
- Familiarity with data mining and analytics tools (IBM SPSS Modeler, SAS Data Mining, SAP Predictive Analytics , SSAS) will be considered a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational and planning skills to deal with a variety of projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within strict timeframes.
- Team spirit and ability to cooperate at all levels.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) both in Greek and English languages.
- For male candidates, military obligations fulfilled.
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.