Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Welcome is recruiting a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- We make every new city feel like home! Welcome acts like your personal travel concierge covering all your in-destination requests starting from the very first one, the pickup from the airport.
We are a strong and lean team, building a global travel company. Welcome launched in the beginning of 2015 Athens, Greece, will welcome more than 1,000,000 travelers in 2019, grows with more than 150% per year, has the highest customer satisfaction score in the travel industry surpassing Airbnb and Tripadvisor (+86 NPS), and is currently expanding in many more cities.
- We are looking for a talented and committed BI Engineer to expand our BI & Analytics team. With your ability to understand metrics, code database SQL queries, correlate and present data, you will help our Operations, Customer Service and Commercial teams to make decision and identify problems and challenges. You have a great opportunity to join a fast growing company, in a highly collaborative data-driven environment.
- Translate business & product needs to technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (ETL cron tasks, scraping tools, NLP scripts).
- Collaborate with Product teams to integrate systems.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects using our existing tools (Power BI).
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst/ Engineer.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business insights.
- Proven hands-on experience Python.
- Advanced SQL programming skills as well as a solid knowledge of database structure and operation.
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets).
- Experience with BI technologies (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, ClickView).
- Desire to keep learning and growing.
- Bachelor's, Master's or higher degrees in an quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics).
- Competitive salary.
- An existing, well executed BI & Analytics setup.
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic and hardworking people.
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.