Diageo is recruiting a Brand Ambassador, to be based in
- Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
- The Reserve Brands team distributes Diageo’s luxury spirit portfolio in Greece.
The portfolio includes
- Johnnie Walker® Blue Label™, Johnnie Walker® 18yo, Johnnie Walker® Gold Label™ Reserve, Cardhu Malt Whiskies, Ketel One vodka, Cîroc® vodka, Tanqueray No. TEN™ gin, Don Julio and Casamigos Tequila, Zacapa Rum, Bulleit American whiskey, Roe & Co Irish Whiskey, Belsazar Vermouth and Scotch Single Malts: Lagavulin, Oban, Gragganmore, Talisker, Dalwhinnie Glenkinchie, Caol ila, Clynelish Singleton and Mortlach.
The Greek Reserve portfolio distributes also some of the most famous Moet Hennessy company brands such as Belvedere vodka, Veuve Clicquot and Krug champagnes and Glenmorangie, Ardbeg Malt Whiskies.
- The Greek Reserve Brands team works across different functions internally but also building strong interpersonal relationships with key trade gurus and media, agencies, Global teams and Moet Hennessy Company.
Purpose of the Brand Ambassador role
- This is a commercial position aimed at building the Reserve Luxury Portfolio knowledge, awareness and adoration with the On Trade trend leading Accounts (TLA/Pacemakers) driving and inspiring customer loyalty and demand, which will in turn transform into consumer demand. There is a need to improve the Rate of Sales of our Reserve Luxury Portfolio and the Brand Ambassador will be pivotal ensuring our TLA/ Pacemakers / Premium On Trade accounts are serviced with the most appropriate brands, visibility, in-outlet rotation activities, perfect serves / rituals and special events.
The Brand Ambassador is a valued business consultant to the DIAGEO commercial and marketing teams, identifying, recommending & evaluating drivers for growth.
- Diageo are the definitive authority on Product & Category knowledge amplifying this amongst key external and internal audiences.
- Builds Brand Love & Get liquid on lips, telling captivating and engaging stories and bringing the brand to life in hearts and minds, as well as inspiring and epitomizing the brand & luxury lifestyle.
- Leads social media trends and showcase drinks and luxury lifestyle trends in the areas of Food & Drink, Fashion, Design and Travel.
- Drives interest and newsworthy angles and stories ensuring maximum exposure through all PR channels. Acts as the accessible face of their brand, from the family of Diageo Reserve – drives real word of mouth and engagement on social media (no. of followers, posts and engagement levels).
- Connects with the consumer on a personable level, immersing them in the world of our brands and bringing to life brand experiences.
- Plays an essential part in linking internal stakeholders, senior leaders, the brand teams, the on-trade community and our consumers.
- Instils and drives passion and belief in our brands inside Diageo and build the reputation of the role of the BA within the spirits business. Delivers & drives internal training on brand and category / luxury trends.
- Diageo are ranked as the leader in Reserve by our customers and key industry partners. We have effective, long term relationship with our key influencers (Bar Owners/Bartenders) leading to them endorsing our brands.
- Obsessed with driving Distribution, Rate of Sale & value share of portfolios, and can measure all work with commercial KPIs.
- Brand Ambassador is responsible for supporting sales teams with the creation of brand building and sales driver programs. Develops plan and programs by customer which drive sell in and sell out of Luxury Brands. Develops and activates a consistent and regular customer coverage plan while in parallel orchestrating targeted trainings and experiential events per year.
- Commercial knowledge and insight is grounded in the reality of running food and beverage outlets through a luxury lens.
- Brand perfect serves and menu share are established throughout the targeted leader accounts.
- Brilliant activation and execution of our growth drivers.
- There is continuous improvement of our activation performance by identifying key areas of focus, assessing alternatives and taking decisive action to course correct where necessary.
- Be the central reference point for the bartending community, creating a bartender network and championing Reserve Brand and World Class fraternities.
- Delivers special events in a way which provides positive surprises for our consumers and customers.
- World-class training & education is developed and delivered with the Reserve sales force & key outlets On & Off Premise, beyond coverage plan.
- Compelling Reserve customer plans maximise sustainable profit delivery and market share growth.
- Game changing innovation is commercialised brilliantly and is a cohesive part of the customer plan.
Decision maker for
- Key customers/outlets – those which offer RESERVE unequalled access to high value consumers - are identified and our focus and resources are prioritized to optimize return.
- Allocation of resources to maximise the growth drivers, PR opportunities and brand presence as required to deliver the Reserve Scorecard metrics.
Highly connected with the Reserve environment
- Passion for super premium brands, our customers & our consumers.
- Deep understanding of what is important to Reserve customers and uses this insight execute activation plans that delight the customer and their consumers.
- Has their finger on the pulse of what is happening on the ground – is the “face” of luxury in their environment and has brilliant relationships with key influencers in the industry.
- Category Knowledge across Spirits with particular experience in process, ingredients, & provenance.
- Operates proactively – and where necessary reactively - in order to beat the competition.
Relationship management with external and internal stakeholders
- Creates effective working relationships with the sales team. Holds the customer outcomes as their own. Skilled in developing customer and stakeholder commitment, negotiating for win-win outcomes with a diverse range of individuals.
- Through his indisputable knowledge and commitment to results, the Brand ambassador gains the respect of others and is able to bring results through them.
- Exceptional presentation skills that captivate the customer and lead to consistent, high quality execution that embodies the distinctive elements of the outlet(s).
- Is capable and competent in building the capability of others to deliver training & incentives with priority customers, organise and representing the brand at “World Class” and regional training events.
- Demonstrate high level of self-organization and good time management. Ability to meet multiple objectives and deadlines.
- Post event: evaluation, analysis and reporting skills.
Top leadership capabilities for this role
- Consistently deliver great business performance:
- Demonstrates deep personal accountability for great performance, delighting the customer and beating the competition.
- Ensures controls are in place to guarantee Reserve’s performance and reputation.
- Create the conditions for people to succeed:
- Knows & coaches people and invests time in their growth and development.
- Is imaginative in generating ideas and solutions, goes beyond the norm and inspires others to do the same.
- Motivates others to go beyond what they thought was achievable.
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- Advanced category and product mastery – a passion for luxury, premium brands. Special expertise in mixability and intuitive feeling for emerging trends.
- Experience within the local on trade environment is critical to ensure credibility and relationship building.
- Experience of how a total Sales organization operates and ability to propose ways on how to improve its effectiveness.
- Project management experience and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluency in Greek and English is essential.
- University Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in bar management & Microsoft Office knowledge will be considered a plus.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.