Base and Facilities Officer
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Base and
Facilities Officer, to be based in Samos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, ensuring implementation of security measures.
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards etc.) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded.
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings etc. security conditions, in this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance and transportation of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his/her sector activity do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager.
- Licence: Driving Licence category B, desireable C.
- Education: Essential Secondary Education.
- Experience: Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Languages: English and Greek are mandatory.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy (MS Office, 365 environment).
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Base and Facilities Officer" in the subject line of the e-mail: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter