Base and Facilities Officer
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Base and
Facilities Officer, to be based in Chios, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, ensuring implementation of security measures.
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards etc.) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded.
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings etc. security conditions, in this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance and transportation of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his/her sector activity do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle.
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents.
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Assess Logistical Needs on the sites of interest.
- Reporting to line and functional manager on logistics issues on regular basis and upon demand to the line and functional manager.
- Organizing and Implementing the distribution of Non Food Items to sites.
- Performing the IT maintains with the support of the Functional Manager.
- Keeping regular inventories of the stocks.
- Supervising the drivers of the project.
- Implementing a proper waste management procedure according to MSF standards.
- Performing administrative works connected to logistics (energy supply, water supply, etc.).
- Occasionally replacing the drivers, transporting the team from/ or to the field.
- Receiving offers and making orders of logistics items.
- Following the supply chain policy of the project including MSF procedures and archiving.
- Licence: Driving Licence category B, desireable C.
- Education: Essential Secondary Education.
- Experience: Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Languages: English and Greek are mandatory.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy (MS Office, 365 environment).
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Base and Facilities Officer" in the subject line of the e-mail: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter