Epignosis is recruiting a Backend Developer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Epignosis is a leading technology vendor specializing in eLearning solutions. Trusted by thousands of organizations worldwide, Epignosis builds training software to help companies of all sizes deliver online training easier and at a reasonable price.
We are a growing, profitable tech firm with offices in San Francisco, London, Athens, Lefkosia and Heraklion. Our product portfolio includes TalentLMS, a popular cloud based LMS for companies of all sizes, eFront, a cutting-edge enterprise grade LMS, and TalentCards, a mobile microlearning solution. We strive to balance usability, simplicity and fit-to-purpose solutions, paired with robustness and strong potential. We firmly believe that great companies are built on empathy, integrity, diversity & simplicity.
- As a member of our development team, you’ll work on an advanced PHP codebase, helping us further expand our industry-leading eLearning platforms and build new innovative online training solutions.
Join us and become part of a vibrant, rapidly growing technical team, responsible for developing and supporting high traffic and high-performance eLearning web services and applications.
- Software Engineering: You will be trusted to design, implement, and maintain projects and to collaborate with our designers, front-end ninjas, reclusive sysadmins and friendly support staff at every step of the process.
- Craftsmanship: You should be familiar with modern software development processes, best practices, and fads to avoid and be able to apply this knowledge to create efficient, robust, and maintainable applications and services.
- Refactoring: You will use your programming savvy to help us transform legacy code and services into modern, best-practices-following, API-based applications, and help us apply bleeding-edge architectures and processes.
- Requirements Gathering: You will be expected to understand the business aspects of the applications you work on and help translate user requirements to technical specifications.
- 2-5 years of proven professional experience as a Software Engineer, preferably on enterprise-grade products.
- High standards in terms of code quality, reusability, testability and maintainability, as well as solid OOP knowledge.
- Comfortable designing and implementing high-performance applications, and know how to profile, refactor, and improve slow code.
- Good working knowledge of the Linux command line, GitHub, open source tools, and the PHP standard library and ecosystem.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Private health insurance plan.
- Ticket restaurant benefits.
- Gorgeous office space.
- Professional and personal development.
- A vibrant working environment full of creative individuals.
- Work/life balance ― i.e., we go big AND we go home.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.