Back-end C#.Net Software Engineer
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Back-end C#.Net Software Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- Signal Ocean, the shipping analytics start-up affiliated with Signal Maritime, is looking for high-potential full-stack/backend C#.NET Software Engineers of various seniorities to join its IT function in Athens.
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art architectures and technology stacks, as well as a global technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, delivery, optimization, QA, DevOps and Continuous Integration.
Our recruitment process starts with an on-line coding test and includes up to approx. 4 interviews/sessions.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Knowledge and an active interest in Design Patterns and SOLID architecture principles.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) and with ORM frameworks e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Above basic skills and understanding of cloud-computing, preferably MS Azure.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and aggressive delivery timelines; Agile development experience (including tools like Visual studio, Git, TeamCity, SCRUM/Agile tools) is welcome.
- Masters or Bachelors university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or exceptional practical experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% performance bonus/incentive (depending on seniority).
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.