Signal is recruiting an Assistant Operator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
- We are looking for a junior level versatile Assistant Operator professional who is interested in pursuing a career in a newly established, dynamic and innovative shipping group.
The role will report directly to the company’s Operations Manager and will be involved in operations activities for a fleet of tankers.
- Planning and coordinating vessel voyages per charter party terms.
- Liaising with tanker vessels and monitoring vessel’s progress during voyage.
- Analyzing and optimizing vessels’ overall performance.
- Overseeing and reviewing voyage income/expenses.
- Appointing port agents and approving DAs.
- Liaising with Chartering brokers.
- Developing solid relationships to ensure commercial cooperation.
- Liaising with technical management office.
- If you combine the necessary skills and experience with high integrity, attention to detail, a strong self-drive, a passion for analytical thinking and technology and an active interest in shipping, then we would love to hear from you.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- BSc/MSc in Shipping Management, Marine Policy, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an Operations Department or Post Fixture Department.
- Solid knowledge of post fixture handling (i.e. freights collections/claims, disbursements, would be a plus.
- Proven analytical and methodical skills.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing working conditions (i.e. new vessel sizes, segments, markets).
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business stakeholders.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Advanced IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.