Signal Maritime is recruiting an Assistant Operator, to be
based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- We are looking for a junior level versatile Assistant Operator professional who is interested in pursuing a career in a newly established, dynamic and innovative shipping group. The role will report directly to the company’s Operations Manager and will be involved in operations activities for a fleet of tankers.
- Planning and coordinating vessel voyages per charter party terms.
- Liaising with tanker vessels and monitoring vessel’s progress during voyage.
- Analyzing and optimizing vessels’ overall performance.
- Overseeing and reviewing voyage income/expenses.
- Appointing port agents and approving DAs.
- Liaising with Chartering brokers.
- Developing solid relationships to ensure commercial cooperation.
- Liaising with technical management office.
- BSc/MSc in Shipping Management, Marine Policy, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an Operations Department or Post Fixture Department.
- Solid knowledge of post fixture handling (i.e. freights collections/claims, disbursements, would be a plus.
- Proven analytical and methodical skills.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing working conditions (i.e. new vessel sizes, segments, markets).
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business stakeholders.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Advanced IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Junior-level competitive salary and up to 10% performance bonus/incentive.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.