SolidarityNow is recruiting an Assistant Accountant,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- As an Assistant Accountant, you will perform accounting entries and filing. You will also assist with the monthly closings and account analysis and support the Head of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the department.
- Communicate on a regular basis with vendors, reconciling accounts and following up on payments.
- Support the preparation and coordination of the audit process, as well as the internal financial controls and procedures.
- Ensure all assigned reconciliations are prepared and reviewed accurately.
- Perform accounting entries, update ledgers and reconcile accounts.
- Support month-end and year-end process and financial reports.
- Assist with ad hoc requests, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Familiar with ERP (Navision experience preferred).
- Knowledge of Greek GAAP (IFRS would be a plus).
- Excellent use of MS Office Suite (particularly Excel).
- Fluency in Greek and English, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail and strong organizational skills while prioritizing.
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to challenge processes and implement improved working methods.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Assistant Accountant”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter